BACHELOR OF MUSIC: MAJOR IN PERFORMANCE; BACHELOR OF MUSIC MAJOR IN MUSIC EDUCATION
The bachelor of music has two fields of concentration: Bachelor of Music major in performance and Bachelor of music major in Music Education:
Bachelor of Music aims to:
- Provide music students with exceptional university education in the field of music;
- Provide ample opportunities to perform the finest repertoire, from classical to contemporary music, from all areas of the world, in all styles and to provide a creative outlet for artist to display works;
- Stimulate interest in the art, inspire and attain highest potentials as performers, music teachers, music executive, and to use these potentials to serve God and humanity;
- Observe moral and ethical standards in the practice of his/her profession.
Bachelor of music Major in Performance
The Bachelor of Music major in performance aims to produce a graduate who possesses;
- Skills in the performance area with a high artistic level in both solo and ensemble performance
- Skills in the pedagogy of music in the principle performance area;
- Musical understanding based on knowledge of music fundamentals and historical styles with special concentration on classical, Asian, Church, and Indigenous music;
- Knowledge and a fundamental level of proficiency with technological resources which enhance research, teaching and performance.
Bachelor of music Major in music education
The Bachelor of Music major in Music Education aims to produce a graduate who possesses;
- Knowledge base of learning , methodologies, social content, and professional development needed to teach in basic education;
- Confidence to perform and utilize musical understanding in the classroom and performance arenas;
- Competencies needed to pursue graduate studies in music education.