The University of the Immaculate Conception adheres to the RVM Philosophy of Education
aimed at leading all to fullness of life in Jesus Christ.
We believe that . . .
● God is the Father who, in abundant love and total graciousness, created humanity and all creation to share His love.
● When humanity chose to live apart from God the Father, in tender mercy, sent His Son Jesus to show humanity the way back to Him and to pursue the path of justice, truth and love.
● By the example set by Mother Ignacia del Espiritu Santo, the RVM Education proclaims that it is the heart that knows God who is the source of all wisdom.
● The Father sent the Holy Spirit to sanctify, inspire, guide and enlighten everyone in following Jesus so that the will of God for the well-being of all may be fulfilled.
● God chose Mary to be the Mother of Jesus, the Son of God and the Mother of the Church. Mary, being the first disciple, journeys with us to fullness of life in Jesus Christ.
We believe that . . .
● Education is a life-long process whereby persons grow and develop their potentials in the pursuit of their God-given mission of transforming all things in Jesus Christ
● Learning is growth for every person to become a witness to faith, excellence, and service in varied socio-cultural settings thus, participates in the transforming experience of life in Jesus Christ.
● The School is where the process of growth is directed towards reverence for creation and persons that fortifies the spirit of communion.
● The Students who are citizens of their times, with their own unique history, capacities and inspiration, possess the sacred and the good, the promise and the potentials for the actualization of the mission entrusted to them.
● The Teachers are persons committed to the process of becoming whole and to the task of leading others to maturity in Jesus Christ.
● The School Administrators are servant leaders committed to the Good News and to the journey with the academic community in their search for truth, beauty and goodness.
● As a Catholic School, UIC works for the development of the whole person who recognizes his/her Christian role of exemplifying ethical and corporate responsibilities in a humane society through a constant encounter with Jesus Christ and others.
● As a Filipino School, UIC is dedicated to the task of producing well-rounded citizens who can preserve and witness to the relevant and wholesome Filipino culture, values and attitudes,
● As an RVM School, UIC commits to the Christian formation of Ignacian Marian leaders who are imbued with Ignacian Spirituality and who live simply to serve God and creation.